The Quality Assurance Manager will manage the Internal and External Quality Programs for projects out of their assigned office or designated area. Perform as subject matter expert in mechanical and/or electrical field of knowledge. Travel approximately less than 10% in conjunction with assisting other LXC Engineering Group areas or training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains good relationships with co-workers, vendors, subcontractors, owners, engineers and architects
- Troubleshoot mechanical or electrical field problems for projects in the construction phase
- MEP Commissioning
- Manages execution of Project Performance Review program in accordance with policy.
- Assists operations staff in development of project specific LXC Engineering Group Made Quality Plan which assures the project specific quality control plan is executed per contract.
- Facilitates pre-installation meetings for various building systems and subcontractors
- Manages and oversees all inspections of construction systems, investigates non-conformances, initiates, implements, and coordinates corrective and preventative actions as appropriate.
- Interacts with subcontractors, architects and engineers on behalf of project staff regarding technical issues, specification requirements, inspection methods and scheduling.
- Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and corrective/preventative actions are taken to assure continuous process improvement.
- Investigates customer complaints regarding quality.
- Mentors and assist project staff in QC activities.
- Performs internal and external audits to ensure LXC Engineering Group Made Quality Plan is up to date and being executed.
- Performs internal and external audits on project adherence to policies and procedures as outlined in the LXC Engineering Group Made Quality Program.
- Ensure that assessment reports, proposals, inspections report and information required are properly prepared and reported. Also verifies that select routine company administrative policies are followed.
- Review quality inspection personnel qualifications and training requirements.
- Identify and complete training to maintain proficiency as LXC Engineering Group SME for designated area
- Accurately track status of multiple projects and helps management prioritize effort
- Communicates and teams with peers, supervisors and managers on assignments
- Stop work if necessary to resolve matters that affect safety, quality and/or inhibit the logical progress of work
- Potential exists to manage direct reports
Knowledge of methods and technology, sufficient to have the ability to determine proper construction sequencing, procurement planning, and review and correct submittals. Ability to maintain, inform and communicate with construction team. Ability to make well informed decisions on behalf of the company and know when to seek assistance from higher authority before making decisions. Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications accurately. Knowledge of and application skills in Geometry, Trigonometry, and Algebra. Working knowledge of computers and standard company software. Thorough knowledge of company policies and procedures.
bachelor’s degree in electrical, Mechanical, Civil or Industrial Engineering; Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or Industrial Engineering Technology Education; or Construction Management or high school diploma supplemented by appropriate apprenticeship training/technical schooling and associated certificates or licensure.
We strongly prefer a minimum of combination experience, on-site, Project Management, Project Engineering, Field Engineering, installation, conceptual and Hard Bid Estimating experience. Experience should be with a large mechanical / electrical subcontractor doing large, complex work.
10 years minimum experience in commercial mechanical or electrical discipline in one or more of the following areas:
- Electrical systems, components, installation and gear
- Plumbing, piping, HVAC
- Fire protection, medical gases, medical equipment
- Temperature controls and other control systems
- Integrated systems, including fire alarm systems, nurse call stations, security systems, CATV, loud speaker systems, etc.
- Extensive experience in construction of hospital, university, data centers, hi-tech facilities, corporate office buildings, commercial and institutional projects
- Field construction with hands on experience installing MEP systems.
- Writing mechanical or electrical bid packages, conducting/assisting in pre-award meetings
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life and LTD insurance, 401(k) with matching contributions, tuition reimbursement, FSA, HSA and excellent professional development program. www.LXCEG.com
*All candidates must have the ability to pass a pre-employment and drug and alcohol screenings; LXC Engineering Group and client specific background checks; and an annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies