– Manages multiple intermediate to large ($5 million) capital projects and/or multiple small projects. Ensures the constructability of the scope of work, engineering and design of the modification.
– Manages the progress of a construction, renovation, alteration, or maintenance project from the scoping phase through the design, construction and closeout phases. This is inclusive of project scope, schedule and estimate development, engineering and construction, through the completion of installation, testing, and commissioning into service and project closeout; manages cost and schedule forecasting, and scope, budget, quality, and schedule change control.
– Manages a team of project engineers, construction managers, schedulers, estimators, planners, project sponsors, first-line supervisors, general foremen, superintendents, and technical and administrative support personnel.
– Manages project expenditures, the procurement of equipment and materials including the startup testing and acceptance of the new equipment; provides daily management of on-site construction activities (as required) working with the general contractor or multiple contractors and building trades.
– Manages and integrates project construction with Plant and Outage Management, ensuring coordination between management and the general contractor or multiple individual contractors and building trades; coordinates with Supply Chain Management in conducting bid meetings and reviews, supplier selections and evaluations; determines contracting strategy congruent with labor utilization strategies.
– Manages project scope, schedule & cost changes ensuring that all project requirements and/or objectives and the execution of changes are properly documented, justified, approved by management, and vigorously pursued via regular reporting, forecasting final targets, reviews and audits; implements approved changes in a timely manner.
– Manages communications, risk management, scope verification, and information distribution during project development & implementation; ensures compliance with safety, environmental, and other regulatory requirements.
– Interfaces with the respective project stakeholders (inclusive of internal organizations, plants, OEM, general contractors, building trades labor organizations/unions) and provides contract administration services for blanket orders or other subcontractors and vendors. Provides administrative support to the Platform Leadership Team.
– Required: Associate degree in engineering, engineering technology, construction management, or a directly relevant curriculum from an accredited college and 7-plus years of experience, including substantive project management and/or experience with building trades & labor agreements, labor & trades jurisdictional issues, contract administration, negotiation, dispute resolution, safety, and power plant outages.
– Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in engineering, engineering technology, construction management. Electrical Engineer degree preferred
– Preferred: Emergency energy Manager Engineer and commissioning agent industry experience
– Preferred: Certification in Project Management (Project Management Institute certification as a Project Management Professional)
– Multitasking capabilities: prioritizes, delegates & manages time and work flow effectively.
– Analytical & decision-making abilities: makes decisions systematically; anticipates and mitigates problems and understands decisions business implications.
– Adapts to change; open to innovative ideas and willingly takes on new responsibilities.
– Communications (written & verbal): creates reports, designs and conducts presentations at all levels of the Corporation.
– Good listening and negotiating skills
– Influencing skills: provides feedback and coaching; works well in groups and with other departments and organizations. Inspires and motivates others to perform well. Effectively influences actions of others.
-Some domestic and international travel is required (approx. 15-30%)
– Knowledge of PC & computer-based scheduling and financial tools, including (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Primavera, MS Project, SAP & Maximo)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life and LTD insurance, 401(k) with matching contributions, tuition reimbursement, FSA, HSA and excellent professional development program. www.LXCEG.com
*All candidates must have the ability to pass a pre-employment and drug and alcohol screenings; LXC Engineering Group and client specific background checks; and an annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies