Typical job responsibilities include providing expertise and guidance in all aspects of Emergency Planning, Preparedness, and Execution, developing and maintaining emergency response teams and communication plans, planning and executing emergency drills, and ensuring compliance to internal and external regulatory requirements. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Collaborates with external agencies and third-party vendors
- Manages the emergency contact system
- Provides local management with expert guidance to ensure appropriate response activities are in place to mitigate incidents and ensure notification protocols are followed
- Conducts risks/threat vulnerability studies and impact assessments
- Provides insight into evaluation and selection of tools and equipment
- Provides guidance to ensure compliance with company, state and federal safety policies and regulations
- Coordinates the planning and development of a site wide Emergency Management Drill and Exercise Program
- Ensures drills and exercises are conducted in accordance with the Emergency Plan and Emergency Plan Implementation Procedures
- Very knowledgeable of NRC, DOE, OSHA and other applicable, state and local regulations
- Responsible for the development of Corrective Action Plans for identified program deficiencies
- Coordinates the participation of local emergency response agencies in exercises
- Prepares department reports, manages routine and special work assignments and prepares works applicable
- Performs duties complex in nature
- Other job-related duties as assigned
- Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner
- Actively participates in Safety Work Groups
BA/BS degree in a related field and 7 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Typical experience ranges from 7 – 10 years.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Intermediate PC skills including Microsoft software
Work in an office at a normal environmental restoration atmosphere (outdated and/or abandoned facilities or industrial field environments). May also work at off-project sites representing the organization at several types of locations throughout the community for business purposes. Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards, dangerous chemicals/solvents or hazardous and radioactive materials if proper safety procedures are not followed.
Ability to perform sedentary to light work, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (any exertion of force/lifting greater than 45 pounds requires usage of a two person “buddy system”), non-repetitive, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly, repetitive; performing such activities as lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, grasping, kneeling, stooping, reaching.
Ability to perform primary office duties including heavy computer usage.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life and LTD insurance, 401(k) with matching contributions, tuition reimbursement, FSA, HSA and excellent professional development program. www.LXCEG.com
*All candidates must have the ability to pass a pre-employment and drug and alcohol screenings; LXC Engineering Group and client specific background checks; and an annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies