Watch your engineering work come to life in landmark projects around the world when you partner with LXC Engineer Group, as a leader in consulting, engineering, renewable energy and commissioning services, we specialize in highly technical buildings and the systems that bring them to life. We are seeking an experienced CAD/BIM Design r to join our team in Boston, MA.
Our dynamic work environment provides the optimal setting to take your career to the next level. From our supportive culture, diverse workforce, and competitive compensation, to our flexible work schedules and fun social events, it’s everything you’ll need for an exciting, challenging, and rewarding career.
CAD/BIM Design Coordinator
As a CAD/BIM Design Coordinator, you will work to promote advancement in the use of the Engineering Technology tools, increase the production efficiency of designers and CAD/BIM technicians, and continuously provide support to staff in the most efficient CAD/BIM techniques.
CAD/BIM Design Coordinator responsibilities:
- Manage project drawing and model files, file properties and symbology per company CAD/BIM standards
- Coordinate with Project Teams on use of specific CAD/BIM or other software and processes to meet project goals (Includes working in coordination with internal/external client CAD/BIM managers for modeling and following CAD/BIM formats)
- Assume and take ownership for the project delivery process
- Support and Troubleshoot questions and concerns of all users in both a group and one-on-one environment
- Provide ideas that support the company’s CAD/BIM capabilities, processes and standards
- Serve as a mentor to local office design staff and CAD/BIM technicians
- Train CAD/BIM personnel on company CAD/BIM Standards, Revit MEP and AutoCAD MEP
- Support firmwide CAD/BIM leadership and standard workflows
CAD/BIM Design Coordinator
This is a fantastic opportunity for a CAD/BIM Coordinator with demonstrated advanced CAD/BIM skills and knowledge of latest National CAD/BIM standards to customize and manipulate CAD/BIM for better efficiency. This role will require someone who is able to read floor plans, sections and elevations and experience in the mechanical, plumbing and/or electrical design fields. In addition to your technical expertise, to succeed in this role, you will need effective organizational skills, ability to prioritize workflow, and a team player with effective communication skills.
- Associate degree or completion of trade school or equivalent formal training
- 10 years of working experience with at least 8 years working in a MEP firm
- 8 years’ experience working with AUTOCAD/REVIT as a minimum
- Extensive knowledge of Revit MEP 2016 or newer version
- Experience in utilizing Navisworks Manage or similar application for coordinating multiple disciplines.
- Familiar with AutoCAD/BIM programming languages
- Familiar with Web Technologies such as Autodesk BIM360
- Basic Knowledge of Network technologies and platforms (Microsoft)
- Experience in electronic file transfers (FTP, SharePoint, ETransmit, Publish)
- Experience with Newforma Project Center for file exchange and overall project information management
- Experience with the MSN Office suite and other business software
- Previous experience providing training/seminars/support to others
- Available to work necessary hours to meet assigned deadlines
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life and LTD insurance, 401(k) with matching contributions, tuition reimbursement, FSA, HSA and excellent professional development program. www.LXCEG.com
*All candidates must have the ability to pass a pre-employment and drug and alcohol screenings; LXC Engineering Group and client specific background checks; and an annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies